Friday 10 April 2015

Dear John-Novel into a Movie



 When I finished reading Dear John, I wanted to see the movie to because I had heard from my friends that the movie was good and because Channing Tatum is in it. When I watched the trailer, I was even more convinced that I should watch it.   Here is the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLkTKkNXDp4
 
  Dear John was first a book but it then got turned into a movie  and was released on February 5,2010. 25 million dollars is what it took to make this film and it was filmed in 2009 in  Charleston, South Carolina. The film made a profit of $114,977,104 worldwide.  It is directed by Lasse Hallstorm and is produced by Marty Bowen,Wyck Godfrey and Ryan Kavanaugh while the music is composed by      Deborah Lurie.
 
Amanda Seyfried as Savannah
Channing Tatum as John Tyree



Richard Jenkins as Mr.Tyree
Scott Porter as Randy



              
                                              

Henry Thomas as Tim Wheddon


3 comments:

  1. I watched the trailer and I really want to read the book and watch the movie as well. I can't believe the spent 25 million to make the movie. That's a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually seen the movie, but haven't read the book, but I don't think that movies generally do any justice to the books, as they often twist the plot in some way to excite the people and make them watch the movie. I'd have to read the novel to actually make a decision, but I feel as if the book will be better than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lot of my friends have actually wathced the film and they said that most of it was simaler to the book

    ReplyDelete